|Charge To The SBAC Committee:
The SBAC committee is charged with the responsibility of recommending revised attendance boundaries for Whitehouse ISD Elementary Campuses to the Board of Trustees for implementation beginning with the 2018-19 school year. The target date for presentation of recommendations to the WISD Board of Trustees is . The SBAC shall examine potential attendance zones as well as related challenges associated with new and anticipated growth of WISD and recommend new attendance zones which:
* Maximize the learning opportunities and needs for student achievement;
* Make efficient use of instructional facilities;
* Consider available data provided by WISD administration and demographer; and
* Consider constructive public feedback.
The SBAC shall be composed of:
1. One parent for every 200 students per campus in Whitehouse ISD;
2. No more than 1 parent representative selected for the junior high shall be from the same elementary attendance zone;
3. No more than 2 parent representatives selected for the high school shall be from the same elementary attendance zone;
4. Two additional members shall be community representatives who may or may not be parents of District students;
5. Employees of the District shall not be eligible to serve on the committee.
Members selected will be expected to attend bi-weekly meetings in the Fall of 2017. A tentative schedule of dates is listed below for consideration:
(If needed) Location TBA
Please be sure nominees are willing to serve prior to submitting their name for consideration.
All members shall be selected by random drawing.