PRE-KINDERGARTEN, HEAD START, AND KINDERGARTEN
2017 - 2018 REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Children enrolling for Kindergarten must be five years old by September 1, 2017, and a resident of the Whitehouse Independent School District. Parents should register their student at the campus within their attendance zone.
Children enrolling for Pre-kindergarten must be four years old by September 1, 2017, and a resident of the Whitehouse Independent School District. Parents should register their student at the campus within their attendance zone.
Children must meet one of the eligibility requirements below to attend the WISD Pre-Kindergarten program:
- Qualify for the Federal Government's Free and Reduced Lunch Program, or
- Qualify for the English as a Second Language Program (ESL), or
- Student designated as homeless, or
- Children of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority, or
- Children of a member of the armed forces of the United State, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, injured or killed while serving on active duty, or
- Foster Child, or
- Child is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services, or
- Children of a Star of Texas Award Recipient
Children applying for Head Start need to meet the Head Start income guidelines as set forth by the federal government and must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2017. They must also be a resident of the Whitehouse Independent School District. Parents should register their student for the Head Start Program at either Cain Elementary or Higgins Elementary.
Documentation required for Head Start:
● Prior year’s income tax return (Head Start only)
● Current medical and dental exam (Head Start only)
● Proof of health insurance if applicable (Head Start only)
The following items will be necessary to enroll in Pre-Kindergarten, Head Start and Kindergarten at Whitehouse ISD:
*Proof of residency within the WISD (electric or water bill) *Copy of property tax statement indicating home ownership (if applicable)
*Rental or lease agreement, with all occupants listed (if applicable)
*The child’s immunization record
*The child’s birth certificate
*The child’s social security card
*Drivers license of Parent/Guardian enrolling the student *Any other legal documents, such as a divorce decree should also be presented at the time of registration.
*Proof of income (including child support, SSI, etc.) (Prekindergarten and Head Start only)
Your child will not be enrolled until all paperwork is complete and returned to the school.