Hello, My name is Jonna Hightower. I am the school nurse at the Holloway 6th grade campus. I am in my 23rd year of nursing. I have been a school nurse for 11 years and prior to school nursing I worked for a local pediatrician for 12 years. I look forward to a great school year!
If I can assist you with your child’s health care needs please feel free to contact me by email: Hightowerj@whitehouseisd.org or by phone at (903) 839-5656 ext.2 .
Notes From The Nurse
A few reminders/updates:
- Please bring any medications your child needs during school hours directly to the nurse’s office. At that time you can complete and sign the appropriate form and discuss your child’s needs with the nurse. This includes prescription and over-the-counter medications. (including cough drops/lozenges)
- No medication may be kept in the backpacks without prior approval and documentation.
- Prescription medications must be in their original, labeled containers in order for the nurse to administer them to your child.
- If your child has fever, monitor them at home until they have been free of fever for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications. This will help prevent the spread of infection to other children and will ensure that your child feels his/her best upon returning to the classroom.
- If your child is vomiting or has diarrhea, monitor them at home until they have been symptom-free for at least 24 hours without the use of medication.
- We encourage everyone to cover their coughs/sneezes with a tissue or by doing so with their arm (not their hands) and to keep their hands away from their nose, eyes and mouth. Good hand washing is the #1 way to prevent the spread of infections.
- Visit http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/immunize/flu.shtm for the latest updates on flu prevention.
- Visit https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/school/school-requirements.aspx for state required immunizations for school entrance/attendance. If your child has already received their 11 year immunizations please provide a copy to the school nurse so their record can be updated for the upcoming 7th grade school year.
- Please contact me or stop by my office with any questions or concerns.