- Denominator – the part of a fraction written below the fraction bar that tells the total number of equal parts in a whole or set
- Fraction – a number in the form where a and b are whole numbers and b is not equal to zero. A fraction can be used to name part of an object or part of a set of objects.
- Mixed number – a number that is composed of a whole number and a fraction
- Numerator – the part of a fraction written above the fraction bar that tells the number of fractional parts specified or being considered
- Strip diagram – a linear model used to illustrate number relationships
- Unit fraction – a fraction in the form representing the quantity formed by one part of a whole that has been partitioned into b equal parts where b is non-
zero whole number