Welcome to Mrs. Fowler's page! I am the reading interventionist for 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders at Cain Elementary. I love helping students to become better readers while also fostering a love for reading. I love working with children and getting to see those lightbulb moments. No student hates reading, they just haven't found the right book yet. My touchstone book was Watership Down, and I read it for the first time in 5th grade. I had always loved to read, but this was the first book where I became emotionally attached to the characters and cried over events in the book. Not every book does that, but those that do are special indeed.
I am originally from central Louisiana, but have lived in Texas for most of my adult life. My husband and I moved to Tyler from Sugar Land, Texas, a suburb of Houston. I have been married for 21 years, and have an 8 year old son who attends Cain. We have 2 Miniature Schnauzers, Char and Max, who are spoiled rotten. I love all things LSU, and my classroom is awash in purple and gold! Before working for Whitehouse ISD, I worked for Tyler ISD as a 5th grade teacher. I have a passion for reading, teaching, and helping students reach their full potential!
Mrs. Fowler's Favorites:
- Colors - Purple and Gold
- Food - Sushi, Mexican
- Hobbies - Reading, Running, Fishing, Reading, Baking, Reading, Outdoor Sports, Indoor Sports, Reading, Playing Video Games, Watching Movies, and Reading!
- Flower - Hydrangeas and Sunflowers
- Football Team- LSU Tigers
- Fruit - Honeycrisp apples, dried cherries and cranberries, and strawberries
- Candy - Milky Way Simply Caramel, Sour Watermelon Jacks, Dove chocolate covered cherries, Dove dark chocolate salted caramels
- Drink - Caramel mocha, hazelnut coffee, Diet Coke, iced coffee
- Snack - Chocolate covered peanut butter granola bars, cashews, BBQ Pringles
Favorite Book Genres: Suspense, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Graphic Novels (all types)
Favorite Books: The Graveyard Book, Wuthering Heights, Frankenstein, The Odyssey, Watership Down