Welcome to Music! I love teaching music and am so excited to begin my 11th year at Brown Elementary. I have 20 years of experience in teaching. I graduated from Harding University in 1986 with a Bachelor's degree in Music Education. I then went on to UT Tyler and graduated in 1991 with a Master of Education degree, along with a math certification and an elementary certification.
I am married with two children. I enjoy spending time with my family, reading, watching movies, shopping, going to church, and rocking my cat, Kiki.
One of my favorite things to do are musicals. Listed below are a few of the musicals and programs we will be performing this year:
* 1st grade will be performing a program at the PTO BOGO Book Fair in April.
* 2nd grade will perform the musical, "Flakes!", on Tuesday, January 29, at 6:00 p.m.
* 3rd grade will be performing at the Veteran's Day Program on Friday, November 9, at 8:30 a.m.
* 4th grade will perform the musical, "Off Their Rockers", on Tuesday, February 19, at 6:00 p.m.
* 5th grade will perform in their 5th Grade Celebration on Tuesday, May 28, at 6:00 p.m.
* Kindergarten will perform some songs at their graduation at the end of the year.
Thank you for sharing your children with me this year. I am looking forward to getting to know every child at Brown Elementary and listening to them sing!