Welcome to Music! I love teaching music and am so excited to begin my 11th year at Brown Elementary. I have 20 years of experience in teaching. I graduated from Harding University in 1986 with a Bachelor's degree in Music Education. I then went on to UT Tyler and graduated in 1991 with a Master of Education degree, along with a math certification and an elementary certification.
I am married with two children. I enjoy spending time with my family, reading, watching movies, shopping, going to church, eating chocolate, and rocking my cat, Kiki.
One of my favorite things to do are musicals. Listed below are a few of the musicals and programs we will be performing this year:
* 1st grade will be performing a program at the PTO BOGO Book Fair in April.
* 2nd grade will perform the musical, "Flakes!", on Tuesday, January 29, at 6:00 p.m.
* 3rd grade will be performing at the Veteran's Day Program on Friday, November 9, at 8:30 a.m.
* 4th grade will perform the musical, "Off Their Rockers", on Tuesday, February 19, at 6:00 p.m.
* 5th grade will perform in their 5th Grade Celebration on Tuesday, May 28, at 6:00 p.m.
* Kindergarten will perform some songs at their graduation at the end of the year.
Thank you for sharing your children with me this year. I am looking forward to getting to know every child at Brown Elementary and listening to them sing!