Posted Date: 11/08/2021
Whitehouse ISD will be applying for the COVID-19 School Health Support Grant
This is a U.S. Department of Health and Human Services grant awarded to the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and Texas Education Agency (TEA) is the pass through entity.
Application Due Date December 9, 2021
Contact Melinda Jennings at (903) 839-5500 or email@example.com if interested in further information regarding this grant.
The Public Comment Period for this grant will end November 19, 2021.
The primary purpose of this grant is to support safe, in-person instruction in schools, from kindergarten through grade 12 (K-12), by establishing a screening testing program and by offering a grant opportunity to school systems for allowable support activities. The program provides services to students, teachers, and other school staff that include COVID-19 testing primarily for screening and testing to slow the spread of COVID-19.
1. PPE (including but not limited to masks, gloves, gowns, & face shields);
2. Hygiene and cleaning supplies;
3. Portable high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) fan/filtration systems or other small items that may allow for improved air circulation;
4. Public health events that include students and other community members and are aimed at providing opportunities for increased detection and prevention of COVID-19; 5. Vaccine promotion events and communications;
6. COVID-19 testing-test kits, turn-key testing services, and related support services;
7. Costs to obtain a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) Certificate of Waiver;
8. Partial funding for staff who will be conducting grant-related duties for screening testing or COVID prevention programs that are outside of the staff’s regular duties; and 9. Other allowable uses pre-approved by TEA grant program office
Award Amount: $185, 753